Our highly automated manufacturing facility in Acton will showcase talented professionals, world-class technologies and innovative solutions that “power” the quality and performance of Insulet Corporation’s unique drug delivery devices.
The Acton, MA site will become the global business and product development site with all commercial and business functions co-located with all technical disciplines. This offers a broad range of career and experience building opportunities. Our work is exciting, innovative, and meaningful and all who join have the ability to make an impact – both professionally and personally.
Insulet Corporation (NASDAQ: PODD) is an innovative medical device company dedicated to making the lives of people with diabetes easier. Through its OmniPod Insulin Management System, Insulet seeks to expand the use of insulin pump therapy among people with insulin-dependent diabetes. Insulet's Delivery Systems business also partners with global pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies to tailor the OmniPod technology platform for the delivery of subcutaneous drugs across multiple therapeutic areas.
Insulet is one of the top 5 fastest growing medical device companies in Massachusetts.
The Material Handlers will perform the physical tasks involved in the staging of materials, parts and supplies to and for autonomous vehicles (robots) and automation manufacturing cells. Specifically, the material handlers will be using small VacuPik vacuums to load silicone parts into trays and staging them for production. The distribution and staging needs to occur in a fast pace environment in order to facilitate continuous production. This position will be responsible to stage components used in manufacturing of product in a clean and safe environment and will need to adhere to cGMP within the cleanroom.
This role is posted as a first shift position with normal operating hours of 6:00am - 2:30pm. However, this position is a shift-work role and may be required to work varying shifts as business needs dictate.
• High School Diploma or GED
Preferred Skills and Competencies:
• 1 year of experience in a manufacturing environment in Distribution, Receiving, or Manufacturing Support environment.
• Experience working in the medical device industry.
• Self-starter capable of dealing with a variety of tasks in a fast paced, multi-tasking environment.
• Experience in a start-up production environment is a plus.
• Must be proficient in English language to be able to read documentation, communicate, and write.
• Ability to understand and follow standard operational procedures and follow written and oral instructions with minimal supervision
• Ability to communicate effectively with supervisor and other employees
• Ability to understand and follow written and oral instructions with minimal supervision
• Basic math and arithmetic skills
• Strong critical thinking and attention to detail
• Able to work effectively with a team environment.
• Able to perform tasks with accuracy and reliability
• Must be familiar with ergonomic lifting techniques.
• Must be able to lift and transfer loads up to 30 lbs.
• Must be able to stand and bend up to 8 hours a day.
• Required to lift above shoulder frequently and below waist occasionally.