Our highly automated manufacturing facility in Acton will showcase talented professionals, world-class technologies and innovative solutions that “power” the quality and performance of Insulet Corporation’s unique drug delivery devices.
The Acton, MA site will become the global business and product development site with all commercial and business functions co-located with all technical disciplines. This offers a broad range of career and experience building opportunities. Our work is exciting, innovative, and meaningful and all who join have the ability to make an impact – both professionally and personally.
Insulet Corporation (NASDAQ: PODD) is an innovative medical device company dedicated to making the lives of people with diabetes easier. Through its OmniPod Insulin Management System, Insulet seeks to expand the use of insulin pump therapy among people with insulin-dependent diabetes. Insulet's Delivery Systems business also partners with global pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies to tailor the OmniPod technology platform for the delivery of subcutaneous drugs across multiple therapeutic areas.
Insulet is one of the top 5 fastest growing medical device companies in Massachusetts.
The Production Supervisor is responsible for overseeing the daily activities of Insulet Manufacturing and Packaging operations. The Production Supervisor will ensure that production schedules are regularly met, that production operations conform to cGMP practices, and that all products meet Insulet quality standards.
During the Plant start up, this position will work during the core business hours. When shifts are officially implemented, third shift will work 10:00pm-6:30am.
Education and Experience
• High School Diploma and/or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Preferred Skills and Competencies:
• Bachelor’s degree in an operations or engineering discipline a plus.
• Minimum 3 years’ experience supervising work activities in a high-volume production environment, required.
• Must have strong familiarity with cGMP guidelines and ISO 13485 and FDA 21 CFR 820 regulations.
• Must have experience working in a regulated industry; Consumer products or Life Sciences preferred.
• Must have hands-on experience in set-up and operation of automated production equipment.
• Must be a team oriented, detailed individual. Should have a strong work ethic, self-starter and adaptable.
• Have strong interpersonal and communication skills.
• Must possess the initiative and drive for continual improvement.
• Process oriented and uses data to make decisions.
• Have a work style that motivates the production staff.
• Must be able to fulfill job responsibilities in a fast-paced/high-volume production environment.
• Proficient in basic computer skills. Fundamental knowledge of ERP systems; Microsoft AX would be a plus
• Must be able to lift up to 35 pounds.
• International travel to Canada may be required up to 50% of time during the first 3-6 months of factory acceptance testing of equipment at vendor’s location.