This role provides administrative and project support to the Facilities and Operations organization as well as provide office management support. Responsibilities include providing training and some oversight for reception desk activities, ensuring polished and professional company representation at all times, oversee mail distribution, office supply administration, support with meeting requests (conference room set-up, catering/business meal requests, etc.), and general office administration tasks. This position also provides support of internal space planning as well as internal moves.
• Support Facilities and Operations with general administrative tasks as needed. Assist in event planning and coordination. Assist with coordinating travel arrangements, expense reporting, meeting preparation, document and presentation preparation, filing, and other general administrative tasks.
• Support Facilities department with ticket requests and space planning administration (new hires, workspace/office moves, service requests, etc.) Manages, along with the Facilities Manager, the seating plan for existing corporate staff as well as new hires as well assisting with any corporate moves that need to occur.
• Assists facilities manager in tracking the growth of the organization.
• Assist in the ordering, receiving, stocking and distribution of office and kitchen supplies as well as business cards.
• Coordinate scheduling and catering orders for various meetings.
• Support meeting preparation and conference room set-ups and scheduling including the auditorium.
• Manages the keying system for the desks.
• Acts with discretion. Maintains sensitive and/or confidential information.
• Assists Facilities Manager in coordinating scheduling and documentation to support preventative maintenance of operations for Facilities and other departments.
• Assist as needed for maintaining tool files for Facilities equipment, support other departments.
• Assist in coordinating EH&S activities including training, supplies and equipment maintenance.
• Generate some purchase orders and invoicing for Facilities department. Supports budgeting and analysis of the Facilities Team as needed.
• Provide and assist facilities manager with training and mentoring to ensure receptionist is knowledgeable and trained on reception coverage duties and protocols. Provide backup reception coverage during breaks, lunches, absences from work, ETO, etc.
• Oversee security by following procedures, monitoring logbook, and issuing visitor badges and reporting status and any updates to the facility manager.
• Oversee and provide onboarding support to new employees (full-time employees, temporary employees, and contractors). Assists with card access and monitoring of the system in conjunction with IT.
• Assist in patient pickups, by talking to the DC and product support to move along the process.
• Assist in providing cubicle, office, and other seating and building signage as needed.
• Provide support to other departments as needed.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Associate or Bachelor’s Degree strongly preferred
• Strong computer skills with proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint, etc.)
• Minimum of 2 years’ experience in an administrative support position
Preferred Skills & Competencies:
• Exceptional customer service orientation. Demonstrated teamwork skills and attributes.
• Demonstrated organizational skills; able to handle multiple tasks in a fast paced environment.
• Professional presentation; exceptional oral and written communication skills. Demonstrated problem solving skills; detail-oriented, self-starter and proactive approach.
• Ability to work independently.
Physical Requirements (if applicable):
• Ability to lift up to 20 pounds: this person will need to stock office and kitchen supplies
• Some travel locally between Billerica and Acton facilities during business hours as needed.